Jamaica Jerk Recipes - Vegetables in Foil
Where To Go
When To Go
Where To Stay
What It Costs
What To Do
What To Pack
Flora & Fauna
Jerk is based on Jamaican barbecuing and this is a modern adaptation -- the use of aluminum foil.
Lots of variations of this recipe are possible according to the season of the year and your favorite veggies. The following are in season almost all the time. This serves 3-4.
1. Peel carrots and onion. Slice pepper in half and remove the seeds. Leave onions whole but cut carrots and celery into quarters and green pepper into strips.
2. Divide vegetables into individual packets, 3 or 4, depending on the number to be fed.
3. If you want only the taste of vegetables, add black pepper and garlic salt to taste.
4. Or add 1 Tbl (15mL) of BBQ sauce to each packet.
5. Or 1 Tbl (15mL) Italian salad dressing per packet.
6. Or 1/2 tsp (2mL) dry jerk seasoning per packet.
7. Or 3-5 drops hot sauce per packet.
The variations are endless.