St. Barts Former Town Hall - Gustavia Landmarks
It was probably built as a private home when St. Barts was Sweden’s only Caribbean colony. A bill of sale shows a Mr. Allongreen sold the building to the Swedish crown in August of 1816.
The first floor, made of wood, was turned into apartments shortly afterwards. A Swedish governor is believed to have lived here until around 1850.
Once France bought back St. Barts in 1878, this became the Town Hall until 2001.
The new City Hall is located next to the Wall House (No. 9).